• how we collect information;
• how we use and disclose any information we collect;
• how we protect the personal information we collect; and
• how you can access the personal information we may hold about you.
We value your privacy, and as such, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information for a number of reasons, however the main reasons why we may collect personal information from you are:
• to process sightings and other information;
• to improve our Website by receiving feedback on our services;
• to assist us in responsibly marketing our information;
• to assist in the preparation and co-ordination of the newsletters and product updates that we send out from time to time; and
• so that we can communicate with our visitors.
What do we do with your personal information?
When you share a story or post something on the Website, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our stories, blogs and forums, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our Website, new posts and other updates as well as our newsletter.
Security of information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the information we collect about you secure and to prevent unauthorised access to this information. However we cannot give any guarantees or warranties about the security of your information and will not be held liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of any unauthorised access to your information.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.